Colourpop Goodies

August 28, 2016

Hi guys!




I decided to make a Colourpop order the other week because the glosses had me intrigued. I ordered 2 Super Shock eyeshadows 'Pop Rocks' and 'Too Shy' aka basically my name throughout school. I also got a lip gloss in the shade 'My Jam' and finally a metallic liquid lipstick 'Flitter'. I was so excited to get these,  it's been a year since I've ordered from Colourpop. Way back when they released More Better and Bad Habit.

I'll start with the lip products. My Jam (lip gloss) is a gorgeous color and so incredibly pigmented. It does not feel tacky which is one of the no.1 reasons why I don't like lip glosses. It looks good over other lipsticks. I'd recommend using a different brush than the wand in the bottle if you're putting it over a lipstick. That way color won't be mixed around. The lip gloss lasted for about 4 to 5 hours which was surprising even when it was gone the sparkles remained. I'm thinking about trying some other colors!



Now here's the big disappointment. Flitter. Oh what a gorgeous color, it's an incredible metallic lipstick that shifts between gold and pink. I was so ready for this. I was mainly excited for Flitter. However, when I got it it was less than a third filled. I mean $6 is not a lot of money but I do expect my money's worth of product. The wand was dry and I had a very hard time trying to pick any product up that wasn't on the side of the tube. I mean it's so hard to get any product on my lips but when I do its gorgeous and everything I ever wanted from Flitter.


I sent colour pop a little email regarding the situation and they basically said it was filled to its net weight and was not defective so it will not be replaced. Colourpop has about 3 million followers and have been going for about 2 years. I would understand this from a small company starting out but not one that sells huge quantities of products. So it was very disappointing.



Okay onto eyeshadow! Pop rocks was a limited edition eyeshadow and they brought it back for a one time event. They had  3 other tie dye shadows but 'Pop Rocks' stood out most for me. I swatched it and it is gorgeous. The mix of purples/blues and glitter compliment everything so well.



'Too Shy' is everything you wish it was and more.  They are very buttery and creamy eyeshadows. Not streaky which I feel is the problem for cheap eyeshadows. I tried these eyeshadows out for my 'Summertime Sadness' look which coincidentally looked like Harley Quinn and that's N O T what I was going for lol.




First, I tried to apply them with a brush but the brush hardly picked up any product and didn't appear on my lids, so I tried using my fingers like Colourpop recommends and WOW. The pigment is incredible and it's surprising how pigmented it is especially when using your fingers.


(There's no up close of 'Pop Rocks' because when I was taking a better up close photo I accidentally put the lid into the eyeshadow :(   )
Even if I don't end up purchasing any more lip products from Colourpop, I will definitely pick up some super shock shadows!

                                                                                                          -BeckysBeautyBag


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook