July Favourites!

August 06, 2016

Hi guys,
Welcome to my post on July Favourites!



So did July actually happen?? It went by so quick and I haven't done a favourites post since maybe March? Wow that's a long time!! I'm just going to do it on my recent favourites otherwise we'd probably be here for like a week reading my post haha.





-The first product I'm going to start off with is the 'Precisely, My Brow' pencil from Benefit. This product has changed my L I F E. It's so amazing, it works unlike any other pencil I've ever had. I reach for this so much more than my ABH dip brow. When I was trying to figure out what color I am in the benefit range I swatched ABH dip brow in soft brown and found out I'm a 3. They're the exact same color which is a little crazy because usually the shades never match up. This product is so easy to use if you're new with brow products.  On one end is the spoolie and the other is the pencil. I want to try out their ka-BROW! which is basically the dip brow. The pencil retails for $24 (€26)



-The second product is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow kit in Gleam. It retails for $40 and I love the colors that are in it, everything from pinks to gold to a color shifting highlight. It's gorgeous and makes my highlight poppin'. I love these highlighters so much they can compliment any look that you want to go for. I like to put a tiny bit on my cupids bow so that'll make my lipstick pop. I don't like when people put it on the tip of their nose I think it's so dumb but if you like it you do you boo. Starburst and Crushed Pearl are my faves. Sometimes if I want a gold/pink highlight I'll dip into shades I want and create the perfect color.


- We can't have a favourites post without mentioning one of my favourite palettes. The Modern Renaissance palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills. This palette quickly became one of my absolute favourites regarding eyeshadows. This is my first eyeshadow palette from ABH simply because the other palettes they came out with didn't impress me. Like at all. This one just caught me completely, fortunately I ended up scoring the last one at my local Sephora. I've been having so much fun creating so many different and diverse looks. 

The colors are so buttery, creamy and they just blend like an absolute dream. I haven't had a problem with any of the colors being patchy or hard to blend out, they all come together so freaking well. A double sided brush comes with the Modern Renaissance but I have only tested it out maybe twice. Venetian Red, Love Letter and Vermeer are my favourite colors. Honestly, you could use Vermeer as a highlighter and it'd be the prettiest thing ever. Another one of my favourite things about the Modern Renaissance is the packaging. The cover has almost like a felt/velvet type of feel to it. I put it back in the box anytime I don't use it because I don't want it collecting dirt. It's available at Ulta and Sephora for $42.




-The Gwen Stefani Blush palette is one that I'm reaching for like everyday when I do my makeup its just so good. At first I wasn't sure about it just because I didn't know how the blushes would look against my skin tone. Going out on a limb I purchased it and I'm so happy I did. I pretty much always use the lightest color but the iridescent pink always gets me feeling some type of way. I use a blush brush from Wet n Wild or French Connection. I always start very light applying blush because I'm still low key scared of it haha.



-Can I just say that I'm in L O V E with Tarte foundations! So in love that I've actually ran out of my Tarte BB cream! I picked up another tube because I can't live without it! Ugh they're just so good.
I love the Rainforest of the Sea foundation because it is super moisturising and hydrating. Even if I don't use a primer it never looks dry and scaley. That used to happen to me a lot with Mac foundations and sometimes it happens with the Makeup Forever foundation. The Tarte foundation feels like I'm not wearing anything it's just so lightweight. The packaging once again is so cool. I've never had a dropper to disperse the product it's not as hard as I expected it to be. The foundation isn't super liquidy so it doesn't run everywhere when I put it on my hand.



-Another of my favourites has been the Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer. I compared this to the Urban Decay potion primer when I done makeup on my friend and wow the difference is actually crazy!! The UD primer started to turn really clumpy and look pretty nasty. I set it with a translucent powder which is what I usually do with the shadow insurance but for some reason it just made it worse. So yeah the shadow insurance is bomb and doesn't crease up even before I used the translucent powder.


The Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer is quite possibly one of the nicest concealers I've ever used. It does its job 110% leaving no cakeyness/ streaks or creases! I've always been on the lookout for concealers but now I think I've found the one!! *Cue the angel music.* For a good concealer I think it is wise to invest. This cost me $28. A little bit of the product goes a long way! It blends so flawlessly into my skin. If you're looking for a great concealer I'd definitely pick this up! I have not put it down since I got it, it completes the entire look.


These are the products I've been using and the ones that have sprung to my mind when I think about favourites. I'm trying out new products this week and I'm super excited!! I'll let you guys know how I like the products!

                                                                                                                            -BeckysBeautyBag

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook