Dry Skin Routine

February 13, 2016

Hi all!

Here we are at my first ever blog post! How exciting!

Okay so the first topic I’m going to start talking about is dry skin! Yuck!! I have dry skin and it’s the most annoying thing in the world! I’ve been trying to find bloggers and YouTubers who have dry skin but every time I search I find little to nothing about dry skin apart from KathleenLights! So why not make my own regimen and tell other people who have dry skin what helps me! I have started to realise just how important skincare is!




My problem area with dry skin is on my forehead and just under my eyes/cheeks. When I clean my face I like to use the Boots Simply Sensitive Cleansing Gel. This works amazingly and doesn’t dry me out! It was also pretty cheap from what I can remember, under €10 anyway! This is not available in the US but I do know that Target carries other lines from Boots such as the Boots Botanicals collection.



I think it is very important to exfoliate; it especially helps with dry skin when getting rid of flaky skin.  I do it every other day even though it says everyday exfoliator, too much exfoliation can become irritating to dry skin. I use the Garnier Clean+ Balancing Daily Exfoliator. It smells of grapefruit, which is nice and refreshing! Especially in the morning for a quick wake me up. It’s $7.99 at Ulta.



For toner, I use the Garnier ‘Good Bye Dry’ this stuff is ah-maz-ing!!! I just apply it to a cotton ball and use it all over my face. This is my Holy Grail for toners as every other kind of toner I’ve tried has either broken me out or dried me out completely! UGH!! Unfortunately I’m almost out so I will have to buy some more. I have not seen this in the US but if you have let me know! :D



For moisturiser I use the Garnier ‘Moisture Rescue’ gel for dry skin. Can you spot a trend here among my skincare products? Haha! This gel is the best. It softens my skin and it’s way better than the other dry skin moisturiser I was using before this. At $7.99, you can’t really beat that price!



When I go to take off my makeup, I use the Neutrogena face wipes. I’ve had makeup remover wipes that dry me out and it’s so awful, thankfully these Neutrogena wipes don’t do this to me! If I feel like there’s still makeup on me I use the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and it’s a Holy Grail product!! It removes all of my eye makeup almost instantly, even liquid liner! With the deals going on for these you can definitely snag them at a cheap price. Ulta had them for buy one get one 40% off! For my Irish peeps, Boots have a 3 for 2 on skincare and the micellar water is included! Who doesn’t love bargains?







When I’m applying my foundation, I will moisturise first and then once that dries I will apply my Smashbox Hydrating Primer, which retails for $42.00. Definitely a spendy purchase but well worth it! It gets rid of any dryness that may still be left on my skin and creates a good canvas for my foundation. After using a Neutrogena primer the Smashbox primer definitely comes in first!


Thank you for reading my first blog post and I hope to see you at the next post! Remember gals/guys, moisturise, moisturise, moisturise!!

                                                                                -BeckysBeautyBag

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook