Products I Thought I Was Going to Love

February 27, 2016

Hi guys, welcome back to my BeckysBeautyBag! Today on my blog I will be talking about things that I thought I would have really liked but ended up being disappointing.






I’m going to start off with brushes. I purchased the Real Techniques Starter Kit for eyes.  I was excited to get this because I heard so many great reviews about these brushes. Alas it wasn’t meant to be. The brushes feel scratchy on my eyes and didn’t pack on much product. I feel like I really have to swipe my eye shadow brush in my eye shadow a good few times to pick up product. Sometimes the colour isn't even picked up on the brush and I don't get the desired look I was aiming for. I only like the brow brush and the deluxe crease brush that I use for blending.  I’m thinking of getting some Zoeva brushes so I can have some good quality eye brushes.



My very first foundation was Mac Pro Longwear. I’m shade NC15. At the time, I thought this foundation worked really well for me, a bottle of it lasted me a really long time. Until I noticed it was really clinging to my dry patches and it looked super bad. I tried using different bushes, beauty blenders but no change. I’ve been using Makeup Forever right now and that is unbelievably better than my Mac foundation, I’m so glad I switched! I apologize for the dirtiness of my Mac bottle but once I switched I tossed it into a different makeup bag and haven't gone back since!


When highlighters came out I was so excited to try some drugstore ones! I picked up the L’Oreal True Match Lumi Illuminator. I got N202 Rose. So. This was horrible. No matter how much product I picked up on my brush, no glow came from it. The brush that comes with it isn’t the best either. It doesn't pick up the product like it's supposed to and it is harsh. I would avoid this product altogether and just pick up an Anastasia Beverly Hills illuminator or even a Becca highlighter.




Last year I had my makeup done at Inglot and I loved the makeup they did on me. So I picked up a few products that they used. I got the AMC eyebrow pomade in 89. Wow. That’s all I can say because this product is the completely wrong shade for me! This is not an exaggeration but whenever I filled in my brows with this I looked like I was growing a unibrow, it was that dark!! Here is a comparison to my ABH pomade and as you can see there is a h u g e  difference! I'm soft brown in the ABH pomade and that shade suits me so much better!





Before I moved to America and when I was visiting my husband I picked up the mascara that I used in Ireland. The price difference of makeup in Ireland and in the US is crazy! I bought the Covergirl Exact Eyelights for blue eyes. I really liked this formula of the one I got in Ireland but the one I got here irritated my eyes. The mascara was waterproof so I'm curious if that had anything to do with it. I switched to the Rimmel Wonder Lash Argan oil which I think is great!




My last product that I was disappointed with is a Stila liquid lipstick. I L O V E these liquid lipsticks, they are definitely one of the best liquid lipsticks I’ve tried. I bought a set of 6 that came out to $39 whereas one Stila liquid lipstick retails at $24. I definitely got a good deal! The only shade I didn’t like out of this set was Caramello. It made me look sickly; it was way too light for me, I don’t know how anyone can pull this shade off but if you can, kudos to you!



Thank you for reading my latest post and next week I’ll hopefully have a Get Ready With Me! As always, have a great weekend!

                                                                                                -BeckysBeautyBag

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook