Mini Haul & Review!

February 20, 2016


Hi all!

Welcome back to my blog, thank you for all the love and support on my first post! For this post I will be talking about a mini haul I done at Ulta and a few other items I picked up during the week!



At Ulta I purchased an Essence lipliner in shade '15 Honey Berry', NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in ‘Pink Lust’, NYX roll on eye shimmer in ‘Mauve Pink’ and ‘Pink Rose’, Essence 'All About Matt! Fixing Powder' and an Essence Liquid Lipstick in 'shade 02'. At Nordstrom Rack I picked up a Urban Decay Potion Primer in Original and lastly an Essence nail polish in the shade 'Mauve-lous Fairy' that was newly released. 

As you can see there are a lot of Essence products but I love Essence and think that they’re so underrated for being such a low priced brand! The lip liner is $1.99, the fixing powder is $3.99 and the liquid lipstick was $3.49. I’m pretty sure the nail polish is under $2.

The Essence lip liners are super nice, they have a lot of colour payoff and they do their job. No bleeding at all. For under $2 you can definitely pick up a bunch of colours and be set. 


I’m trying to compare how the Essence fixing powder compares to my Neutrogena setting powder. The Essence fixing powder is smooth and buttery however it doesn't come with a sponge to apply like the Neutrogena setting powder. I just use a big brush to apply the fixing powder and brush down lightly on my face.




So here we come to yet another liquid lipstick on the market. I was unsure of this one because it looks like a lip gloss and I really can’t stand lip glosses. So I tested this one out and I didn't love it. It is very tacky and definitely does not dry down. This is a lip gloss not a liquid lipstick. This one was not a winner for me and I'm glad I only bought one to try out before buying the rest! This will be going back as I'll probably never use it.

I love Essence nail polish and this one was too pretty to not pick up! The finish feels kinda semi-matte, it definitely doesn't feel like other glitter nail polishes. It dries fairly quickly after the application, I recommend doing more than one coat if you're not putting it on top of another colour!

Onto the NYX items; the roll on shimmers were $3.99 with buy one get one 50%. I used these shimmers for my Valentine's Day look and loved them! They are so pigmented and go on really well. 






As for the liquid suede 'Pink Lust', it is a bright pink colour that is totally out of my comfort zone but sometimes you have to just go out there! This liquid lipstick dries down to a semi-matte and it is transferable. So be careful! I really like NYX's liquid suede products! They'e affordable and the colour payoff is great!


The Urban Decay Potion Primer was $10 at Nordstrom rack but retails for $20, such a bargain I know!! I really like this primer, whenever I apply my eye shadow I reach for my urban decay potion primer pretty much 99% of the time occasionally I use the Too Faced eye primer. I have just been using a travel size of the primer and it’s lasted me a very long time (I’m still not out of it yet!). So I can only imagine how long this one is going to last me!




I hope you enjoyed this post! Thank you for reading, have a lovely weekend and hope to see you on my next post!
                                                                                                    -BeckysBeautyBag

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook