Sweeter Side of Sexy Review

April 16, 2016

Hi all,
I know that last week there was no blog post but it's for a good reason! My husband and I got a bunny and wanted to make him feel as comfortable as possible in his new home, so we spent lots of time with him!! 



Today, I'm going to be talking about the Sweeter Side of Sexy collection from Too Faced! This was a special deal done by HSN and it only cost $49 which is the exact price of the chocolate bar palette. However, as I was a first time customer I got $20 off and got this deal for $29!! How amazing is that!


In the Sweeter side of Sexy you get; Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar, Blush in love flush, Better Than Sex mascara and Shadow Insurance primer. The blush, mascara and primer are all full sized items. So it was an incredible deal!



You already know my thoughts about the Better Than Sex mascara. I'll just jog your memory real quick if you forgot haha. I really like this mascara it gives a lovely long coat to my lashes. The wand is out of my comfort zone but it works so well! When I say 'out of my comfort zone' I mean the way the wand is. It's full on crazy with bristles left right and center! I'm usually used to a row of bristles that evenly coats my lashes. Although I'm happy that I have a full sized version of it! This mascara retails for $23.

The Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer is good, but my go to is still the Lorac primer! This primer is on the market for $20. I still have the deluxe sized Shadow Insurance primer I got from the Vegas Nay Stardust palette. So I'll use that up before I start on my full sized primer. I've got so many primers nowadays I honestly just don't know which ones to turn to! Usually the closest one to me in my makeup bag! Haha.

I got the Love Flush Blush (try saying that 3 times!) in 'Justify My Love'.  This is usually $26. The Love Flush Blush is really nice and smooth and blends pretty well. I love the packaging of it! It's so sleek, light and very compact. I'm not a big user of blush but I'm starting to use it more than before! This shade is really nice however a little goes a veryyy long way! I love the design of it too not being biased or anything with the bunny haha! Seeing as I'm the lightest shade in foundation, this blush really pops out so if I'm not careful I might end up being recruited for clown school. If you're tanned or darker skinned I think this blush would look gorgeous on you!



Now for the main star of this collection. The Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar palette. At first I was disappointed when I opened this package because I realised it was the Semi Sweet palette and not the the Chocolate Bar palette which I had my eye on for quite a while! Let me say that disappointment was very short lived because wow do I love this palette!!! It smells exactly like chocolate but I don't notice the smell once the eyeshadow has been applied. The smell isn't overbearing so it's not like your going to be transported to Wonka's Chocolate Factory.


I love the colours in this palette and they are all so highly pigmented. I've noticed that I do not have to dip my eyeshadow brush into this formula nearly as much as I would have to with the Stardust palette! In my opinion, the stardust palette was of poor quality and I didn't want to pay $49 for non pigmented and non blendable dust. However, I'm really happy that I did pick this up to be honest. If I had to pick between the Stardust palette and the Semi Sweet Chocolate bar, I'd go with the Semi Sweet bar hands down! The Semi Sweet bar is just more put together. I think I'm going to stay away from collabs with Too Faced. Although we'll see about Nikkietutorials collab with Too Faced!



I recommend this palette if you like natural looks with a bit of a twist or just straight up glam. I think this palette is very versatile and you can easily create day to night looks. I have a few go to looks from this palette and if you want to see me create some of these looks just let me know!





On the left photo I'm wearing Colourpop in Poison and on the right is NYX lingerie in Bedtime Flirt (which is my faveee nude right now!).

To end the review, I think that the Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar is a great palette and definitely worth the money! It's definitely one to have in your palette collection! Take this advice from someone who didn't like their 1st Too Faced palette but really enjoys this one!!

Thanks for reading and as always have a great weekend.See you on my next blog post!
                                                                                                              -BeckysBeautyBag


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook