Honest Review

June 20, 2016

Hi all, I hope your week has been great!
I'm trying to get better at posting. I figured it was too late to upload my May favourites so I'll combine that with my June Faves!




This week I'm going to be doing an honest review. Its on the Stardust Palette by Too Faced.
I do believe this product is no longer being sold but I'd still like to do an honest review of it. It retailed for $45.  The Stardust palette was a Vegas Nay X Too Faced collaboration. I had very high hopes because the pigmentation looked amazing and every eye look that I saw using the palette looked unreal.

I got the palette at Ulta and it was my first palette I bought when I moved to the US. I was so excited to use this palette. However, when I did it wasn't as great as I had expected it to be. Talk about being hyped up way too much. Vegas Nay has a big fan base so it wouldn't surprise me if she had paid people to promote the palette. The stardust collection included; the eyeshadow palette, mini Better Than Sex, mini eyeshadow Insurance primer and some loose pigment. There was also picture tutorials on how to recreate some of the looks.



I tried out a few of these looks and none of them looked anything like the pictorial. I was so disappointed but it also put into perspective how heavily photoshopped they were. I thought it was my brushes that could've been the problem but nope I'm convinced it was the palette. As I had tried with other brushes. If only the shades were as pigmented as the swatches. If this palette took a turn in the other direction I'm pretty sure it would be a top notch product.



From now I'm going to stay well clear of collaborations with people X Too Faced. They get way too overhyped and I feel like people just want to kiss ass of the collabor so they can get noticed. Plus it's just to get more money. If you're a die hard fan of course you're going to love it but for anyone else who wants to try the palette I feel like that's when the real reviews come out. 



This palette really turned me off wanting to try any other palettes from Too Faced like I don't want to pay upwards of $45 for a crappy non pigmented palette. However, I'm really glad I decided to try the Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar palette! If only they used the same formula for the Stardust palette :(




I know the swatches I done look amazingly pigmented but please don't be deceived. Chandelier didn't even show up on my skin and I done like 3 swipes. Sin City is so terrible, it's so patchy and like how am I even supposed to use this??? Double Tap and Millenial barely show up and when they do it's patchy af. Too Faced how did you screw up so badly on this palette?? I just don't get it. The Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar palette is so easy to work with and so blendable but Stardust is just terrible.

Vegas Nay you should stick to making false lashes.


Thank you all for reading my latest post, I'll catch you guys on the next one in a few days!
                                                                                                 -BeckysBeautyBag













You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook