Brush Up On Your Cleaning

July 03, 2016

Hi all,

This post will be short and sweet but informative. It's about cleaning your makeup brushes!




I only got into makeup when I was 17 but when I first started getting into makeup I had a gross habit. That habit was not washing my makeup brushes nearly as much as I should have. Then again I did only wear makeup if I needed to or was in the mood to put it on. So, very rarely. Still it was gross haha. I try to wash my brushes once a week because I pretty much wear makeup everyday now so my brushes definitely need to get clean!

Look at that difference though! Woww.

I use Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo.  I've been using this for a while and I really like it. When my brushes are clean and after a few uses of it the smell is still there from the shampoo and it smells so good. It's a really clean smell.



 I usually start washing my foundation brushes first as they are the longest to clean. Depending on the brush and how dirty/stained it is the amount of shampoo varies. For my foundation brushes I part the bristle's in the middle and put some shampoo there. I create a lather and try to get soap in between all the bristles. I repeat until the brush is nice and clean.



When I'm washing my brush clean of soap, I hold it at a bit of an angle and move the brush in clockwise and anticlockwise on my palm. Once the water runs clear I start on the next one!




For the smaller brushes a pea sized amount of shampoo works perfectly. I wash those the exact same way as the larger ones, the only difference is that it takes a shorter amount of time.



When I'm done with all the brushes I want to wash, I'll stand them up on the bristles on a clean hand towel or flannel. I do it this way so the glue in the handle of the brush won't dissolve or come apart and I'll be left with a bunch of handles.


I wait over night before I use my brushes as I want them to dry really well! Don't worry if you think the brushes won't go back to the original shape because they do!

Thanks guys for reading this post! I plan on getting my June Favourites up in the next couple of days so keep an eye out for that! Have a great 4th of July!
                                                                                                                       -BeckysBeautyBag

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook